Being a mom with a child that goes to playgroups/nursery/school/ etc means your child will become exposed to new germs for the first time. Which means, that I being a foreigner am also exposed to those germs for the first time! I cant recall being ill so much when I lived in the states. This season here has been particularly bad as I have caught a horrible cough/cold that I havent been able to shake. I finally went to the Doctor when I started vomitting, a month or two after my son first got ill and I picked up the bug. He got antibiotics straight away. I was told adults dont get antibiotics typically as we have stronger immune systems, hence my waiting so long to go back (thanks NHS) I have now had two courses of antibiotics and still not over it. I have been so ill that I didnt notice I had a secondary infection. When I went back they tested me and determined I had a chest infection as well as some sort of urine/bladder/ kidney infection. (again, thanks NHS for the clarity).
I am not at my most positive with this post, but I am tire od not being able to sleep from coughing, or choking and struggling to breath. Not nice.
One thing I have noticed though is how lucky I am to have my husband by my side. He has been a big help taking care of my son when I could not. Through all of this I have learned how truly blessed I am.
I am still not well and will be ringing the doctor to follow up and hope to find some resolve.
So this part of living in Scotland, I do not like.
No comments:
Post a Comment