One thing everyone will agree upon when they find out I am American is that Americans know how to do Restaurant Food. I hate to say it, but I agree. I miss places like Chili's, and Outback Steakhouse, along with Wendy's and just about any hamburger place from Fuddruckers to Five Guys.
That being said, I have come across McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, and KFC in the town I live in for when I am feeling nostalgic for Amercian junk food. I hate to say it though, it isnt the same. Lets take KFC for example, they have french fries instead of wedges, no biscuits and NO MASHED POTATOES! Here is the kicker, they have the GRAVY! If you are found of the lovely dish they serve in the bowl in the states with either rice or potatoes, you are sadly out of luck. As I am, seeing as it was one of my menu favorites, along with Honey boneless BBQ wings. KFC wont let all you pepsi drinkers down though, as they do have it, but remember to ask for ice, and a full cup at that! So, even though it is familiar--it just isnt the same.
I must say I eat more heathily as I prepared 90% of my meals at home! Back to the basics here!
I would love it if 5 guys, White Castle, Popeye's and Wendy's came over here to the UK!
ReplyDeleteAnd would die if Dallas BBQ or Applebee's followed them ;)