An American view of life in Scotland...

My journey through life, doing things I never dreamed off! I am a wife, and a mother living life in a foreign country. This is my story on how I am dealing (or not) with a strange old world that is new to me. I hope you enjoy reading about my life, and not comment too harshly if you dont!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Coffee Houses make great meeting places!

My son goes to Preschool/Nursery in the afternoon, and we walk down to his school on the outskirts of town, everyday.  It is mainly all downhill, and a bear to walk back.  I did it once, and found that I had very little time to myself before I was needing to come pick my son back up.  So, I investigated the local eateries, and found the Chambers Coffee House a great place to hang out.  It is close, and most days quiet in the little corner nook I now call my own for about an hour and a half Monday thru Friday!  A friendly little place.

Yesterday, My husband took off from work as he had two dentist appointments at opposite ends of the day.  So, he stayed and joined my son and I in our daily routine.  We walked into town, and ushered him into school, and to his room, etc.  My son happily showed my husband his peg and grabbed his bag to change his shoes.  Sadly they werent there, but that is another story!  We got my son settled and then headed to the coffeehouse, where we went in and met some friends of ours for a catch up.

My friend, Brooke while we were talking was working on a lovely blanket made from sock yarn. It is just lovely.  The colors, the feel of the texture... I will be investigated the yarn, as it was so lightweight, yet you could tell it would be a nice, cozy place to snuggle under!  Here is a quick snap I took, and i must say, I love her color choices!


Brooke and Shaun's lovely little one was with them, and I must say, he is adorable. 
Here are a few shots of him!


A very happy little boy!


I love the color of his hair... just gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment